- Online Course Enrollment
- Be sure to comprehend the notice before enrolling classes on the Internet from our homepage.
A. After received or granted the lecture timetable from the Dept. of School affairs or Internet homepage, sign up for the classes on our school website http://www.hufs.ac.kr
- B. Login with ID (9-digit student ID) and the Password (6 digits social security number), check the timetable, and then simply log out after storage of the appropriate courses you selected.
- C. Please confirm whether your name is inscribed on the lecture attendance and keep in mind not to be penalized due to non-registration.
- Notice on enrollment
- A. It should be based on an allocation table of enrollment credits by series.
B. Credits earned by taking the same course twice is not acceptable.
C. Click and save the courses you are interested in, and make sure that the number of selected subjects does not exceed the limit of your possible credits.
(If you are applying prerequisite subjects that are not regarded as full credits, those are not admitted as acquired credits)
- D. Notice on Prerequisite subjects
Those who need prerequisite classes should complete taking those classes before each course's completion. Those who want to receive exemptions for that should get a permission approved by the Dean of Graduate School.
(1) If you do not complete the prerequisite, graduation or completion is not valid.
(2) For the Masters, courses that are offered in the undergraduate can be completed only as prerequisite, and when the case you can not apply for attending undergraduate courses, submit prescribed form (available in the graduate school homepage BBS library)to the Dept. of School Affairs within 1 week after beginning school.
(3) For a PhD,ensure that the prerequisite courses should be offered at Masters and double-check whether the course is selected as prerequisite.
- Lecture Hour
- Grading and marking
- A. In principle, academic evaluation and assessment are based on a written examination but exceptionally a research assignment can be a substitution in conformity with the course's nature or character.
- B. Grades are measured at 7 rating (A +, A0, B +, B0, C +, C0, F), over 'C0' is recognized as the acquisition credits and 'F' would be treated to the absentee more than 1/4 of that semester would.
- C. Necessary grade for the completion must be at least 'B' (3.0) of total average rating.
- D. Prerequisite courses, Thesis subjects for thesis paper (Master I, Ph.D. Ⅰ, II) are described as 'P' (Pass).
- Credits for Masters by series
- A. Division of Humanities and Social Sciences is required to complete 24 credits (up to 9 credits per semester can be applied)
- Department of language and literature should acquire majors (language / literature) at least 18 credits, related specialty (literature / language) at least 6 credits
- Other Majors need additional 9 credits from the undergraduate school until the completion of prerequisite
- B. Dept. of Nature Engineering has completed 24 credits (up to 9 credits per semester can be applied)
- Other Majors need additional 12 credits from the undergraduate school until the completion of prerequisite
- C. Dept. of Regional Studies (Dept. of International Relations, Korean Studies, Chinese Studies, Japanese Studies, and Russian Studies) and Dept. of the information recording and management have 33 acquisition credits
(Maximum of 12 credits per semester can apply), Dept. of Global Cultural Content has 30 credits to complete (applicable from the entrants since 2013 academic year)
- No obligation on prerequisite completion.
- Credits for Masters from other dept.(Those who need Prerequisite subjects)
- A. Students majoring in different field at undergraduate level should take prerequisite from undergraduate school in line with direction from the department head professor.
- B. Prerequisite Credits must be required until completion, although it is not included in the credits completion.
- C. For details, contact the dept. of school affairs
- Exemption of Prerequisite subjects (Master)
- A. When the courses taken at undergraduate level for minor or 2nd major are the same with the courses of Masters., with the confirmation of department head professor, submit prescribed prerequisite exemption form (available in the graduate school homepage BBS library) and transcript of undergraduate course to the Dept. of School Affairs within 2 week after beginning school
- Credits for Ph.D.
- - 36 Credits completion regardless of department (Maximum of 9 credits per semester can apply)
- A. Department of language and literature should acquire majors (language / literature) at least 27 credits, related specialty (literature / language) at least 9 credits
- B. In the Ph.D. process, those who have excellent academic score and research performance can over obtain 3 credits more per semester(9 credits in total) with the adviser's recommendation.(Exception : Freshmen)
- Credits for Ph.D.(Those who need Prerequisite subjects) (Other majors, Professionals, Special Graduate School)
- A. Graduates from professional, special schools or other major Masters programs must complete the prerequisite, according to the department head professor.
- B. Prerequisite Credits must be completed as required, although it is not included in the credits completion.
- C. PhD prerequisite must be completed in the master's program.
- D. For details, contact the dept. of school affairs
- Exemption of Prerequisite subjects (Ph.D.)
- A. When the courses taken at Masters are the same with Ph.D., with the confirmation of department head professor, submit prescribed prerequisite exemption form (available in the graduate school homepage BBS library) and transcript of Master course to the Dept. of School Affairs within 2 week after beginning school.
- Credit Transfer System
- A. Only if there is necessity for the major field of study, it is possible to take courses at other national or international graduate school that signed an exchange agreement with our school on the credit exchange.
* You can not apply for a credit exchange in your last semester.
- B. If you wish to enroll in another University, after approval from the supervisor and department head Professor, fill out a "credit transfer application form" and submit it to the dept. of school affairs within the prescribed period.
- C. Possible University to exchange credits : Hongik University, Kyung Hee University, Dongguk University, Seoul National University, Busan University of Foreign Studies, Changwon University, Konkuk University, Hanyang University, Kukmin University, Korea University, Deokseong Women's University, Sookmyung Women's University, Tokyo University, Yeonbyeon University, Nagoya Graduate School
- D. Exchange of credits : Credits exchange is recognized by the Masters 9 credits, PhD 9 credits and
within a semester(exchange per semester), a national graduate school 3 credits and foreign graduate school 9 credits, each.
- E. Prohibited the same courses opened in our school being taken from other graduate schools. top
- Contraction of course-years
- A. When the credits earned from other domestic or overseas graduate school (with same degree, the same specialty completion or graduation) are eligible (as the completion of whole or graduation), both a master's and doctoral degree can be shortened by six months (one semester).
- B. Students who want to shorten their lessons should submit the credit application form (for Contraction of course-years), with a confirmation from head professor, to the dept. of school affairs within 2 weeks after beginning the semester and receive approval from the dean.
- Information for usage of school homepage
- A. In the university homepage, you can find all details regarding the class of students, courses, or grading.
(http://www.hufs.ac.kr "general information" click)
- B. Available services : Bachelor's Schedule, enrollment, course registration confirmation / deletion, grade queries, course evaluation, checking basic information, syllabus and lecture timetable queries, scholarship information, leave of absence or reinstatement application / verification, etc.
- C. The "general information" must be modified and saved when private address and contact change.